Wednesday, August 12, 2009

U. S. and our priorities

While in Guatemala we were shocked when Amanda told us how much money is given to Guatemala for private helicopters....I think it was something like 18 MILLION DOLLARS...well then we got to go speak with the US Embassy...and they told us that the amount of USAID money that had been earmarked for the violence against women was ONLY $500,000 and that it was actually going to be a "little less this year". Um excuse me? Last year alone there were over 700 women murdered and by all accounts that we have heard and all the reports we have read that number is expected to go UP this year.

Oh so the point is today we got an announcement that the US plans to give 20 Million to the DR and Guatemala for helicopters.

Why? and Why? WHY DO THEY NEED MONEY FOR HELICOPTERS?

I just cannot understand the logic. I think I am going to call the White House and ask.....be right back.....

No comments:

Post a Comment